Go Green Wilmette provides many opportunities for Wilmette residents to get outside and enjoy our parks. We also plan events that help residents learn more about the importance of increasing native habitat in our yards and parks. Check our calendar for upcoming events and programs. And if you have an outdoor activity you’d like to see us organize, please contact us.
Some of our nature-based programs and projects include:
- Annual spring migratory bird walks Sundays in May at Gillson Park, in partnership with the Wilmette Park District. Check out the list of species sighted on our walks at Gillson Bird Sightings
- Habitat restoration workdays in partnership with the Wilmette Park District.
- Tree walks each fall in a local park, in partnership with the Wilmette Park District and Village of Wilmette.
- Alternative Yard Tour highlighting how residents are growing food, collecting rainwater, and creating native habitat in their yards.
- Native plant sale each spring to encourage residents to add critical habitat to their yards
- Consulting with the Wilmette Park District to add more nature-based programming to camps, after-school programs and year-round Park District offerings.
- Supporting the Friends of Elmwood Dunes in their work to restore the Elmwood Dunes Preserve on the lakefront at Elmwood Avenue.